The Somerset Golf Union is seeking to appoint a County Secretary
- The Union currently provides appropriate support and guidance to 30 affiliated golf clubs in Somerset.
- The County Secretary is responsible for upholding the rules and governance of the Union and ensuring that the day to day operation and administration of the Union’s affairs are carried out appropriately.
- Specifically, the County Secretary must ensure that the County maintains an accurate up to date record of individual Club’s membership and affiliation fees; offer specialist advice and interpretation of R&A rules, CONGU and Course Assessment; ensure that the venues and programme of County events including Matches, County Championship, Delegate meetings and the AGM are in place.
- To fulfil this role, you will need to have a good knowledge of the game of golf and the structure of national, regional, county and club-based sport. The role requires regular communication and liaison with County Officers, South West Counties, England Golf, and all affiliated golf clubs in the County and you must build and sustain good relationships with SGU Officers, Club officials, volunteers, suppliers and partners.
- This role oversees and arranges all County events and matches and it is important to have excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritise effectively and an understanding of working with vulnerable persons and the associated national bodies.
- The job requires an in-depth knowledge of IT systems with emphasis on Microsoft Office and Intelligent Golf, and a proficiency in social media.
- The post is full-time, based on an annualised hours contract of 1600 hours and you will be required to travel/work weekends and evenings as appropriate. The position will require the candidate to work from home.
- Remuneration: circa £27-30000, depending on previous experience.
- Position commences Autumn 2018
Applications should be made in writing, enclosing a covering letter, CV and posted in an envelope marked “Private & Confidential” to:
T H Tulk
Chairman, Somerset Golf Union
Applications may also be made by email to The Chairman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 14th September 2018