The Somerset Golf Union is seeking to appoint a Junior Performance Manager
(including the role of Under 18 Team Coach)
The position of Performance Manager for Junior teams is considered to be a position of privilege; it is expected that all aspects of the roll will be conducted in the County’s best interest and all decisions are based on this criteria. The key responsibilities are:
- To assist the Junior Organiser and all Junior Team Managers and Coaches, in the preparation and implementation of an integrated coaching pathway within the County
- Prepare a list, in conjunction with all Junior Team Managers and Coaches of all age groups of the players in the County considered suitable by playing standards and temperament to be considered for selection to join the County Training Squads
- The list should be made available to the Junior Organiser and other officers of the Union as from time to time required
- The list should be frequently reviewed and amended based upon the players’ ongoing performance.
- Regularly liaise with Junior Organiser and all Junior Team Managers and Coaches as to players’ progress (forwards or backwards).
- To advise the Junior Team Managers re team selection where required and to prepare the selected teams for matches/ tournaments
- To advise re players’ course management; to do all things necessary to enable the players to play to best of their ability.
- To produce a written report for and attending meetings of the Coaching and Development sub-committee, as required and to produce relevant statistics and to participate in a review of the players’ performance
- To provide information to the Junior Organiser, and not later than 30 September, to facilitate the preparation of a winter coaching plan, which shall include such items as physical and psychological fitness and nutrition and team building. This will enable the Junior Organiser to fully cost the same to enable the County Treasurer to prepare the budget for the financial year beginning 1 November.
- The role of the Performance Coach includes conducting and or / Supervising Selected Junior coaching programme, attending the Junior Championship and Junior team matches as from time to time required and communicate with players’ technical/home coaches.
Remuneration: £4250.00 per Annum, hours negotiable.
Position commences Autumn 2018
Applications should be made in writing, enclosing a covering letter, CV and posted in an envelope marked “Private & Confidential” to:
T H Tulk
Chairman, Somerset Golf Union
Applications may also be made by email to The Chairman: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 12th September 2018